24 December 2022

vom Wind gepeitscht

 


The German language has a fitting expression for the wind chill factors we're experiencing: vom Wind gepeitscht. 'Peitsche' is a whip. Say the word with vim and vigour ... Peitsche. You can just hear the impact. Peitsche. I raise a glass of Rhein Wein to the nurses, doctors, and emergency vehicle response teams who have to be on the road in this bitter cold. 

Prost!


4 comments:

Zhoen said...

Stay warm and away from the whip.

Happy Hogswatch!

MFH said...

Having been in New Mexico for the past several decades, I've not seen many pictures of ice. As a former dealer of non-representational art, this then has a double appeal. I like the way the density grades from right to left, leaving the question of politics by the roadside...where it belongs.

Beautiful!

Is this in color?

Rouchswalwe said...

Z! I will try my best. Am recovering from a nasty ear infection. Uff.
Happy Hogswatch to you, too!

Rouchswalwe said...

Dear MFH,
excellent interpretation of ice art. Agreed!
[Ja, the Foto was shot in color]