31 December 2022

Silvester ist wieder da!

 


Silvester ist bald da!

'nen guude' Rutsch ins Neue Jahr!

EST +14  Dazaifu, Fukuoka, Hakata, Karatsu

EST +13  Perth

EST +12  Saigon

EST +  8  Peredelkino

EST +  7  Suomi

EST +  6  Bretagne, Mußbach, Frankfurt a.M., Harburg, Lindenfels

EST +  5  Frón, Londinium, Hereford

EST  ---   Cincinnati, Cleveland, the Big Apple, Ontario, Québec

EST -  2   Utah

EST -  3   Sacramento, Vancouver


I hereby declare Sauerkraut season officially open!

6 comments:

Tom said...

So that's alright then, saviour of the world. :)

MFH said...

"Huurrrraaayyy!" cried the children.

(excerpted from Dav Pilkey's *Captain Underpants*)

Roderick Robinson said...

I like the idea that I share some sort of parity with Frón wherever that is. You were wise to choose Londinium, the Roman name for our capital city. When the Romans went home, taking their up-to-date plumbing with them, London lapsed into what can only be called an open sewer, later to be happily destroyedby The Great Fire.

Hope you got the emails and texts

Rouchswalwe said...

Tom! Thumbs up!

Rouchswalwe said...

Robbie!
Reykjavík, Iceland was once known (there are still hotels) as Frón.

Can I pronounce it correctly? Probably only when tipsy.

I thought you'd get a kick out of Londinium!

Alas, I am woefully behind on emails/texts, but intend to catch up this weekend, which is a long, holiday weekend due to Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.

Rouchswalwe said...

MFH!
one of these days I'm going to pick up *Captain Underpants* ... NPR had a good interview recently with an educator who was fired for using it in class.